Studying for a Bachelor’s degree in the USA is a dream for many students around the world. With world-renowned universities, diverse students, and a wide range of programs, the USA is a top destination for students seeking a high-quality education. From the Ivy League schools to the public universities in the West, the USA offers something for every student.
Whether you’re interested in business, engineering, or liberal arts, there is a university that can help you achieve your goals. Below, we will explore the best universities to study in the USA.
Why Study Bachelor's Degree in the USA as Indian Students?
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the USA for Indian students can open doors to a world of opportunities. From world-class education to a diverse culture. Here are a few reasons why studying in the USA can be a great choice for your higher education.
- Access to top-ranked universities: The USA has some of the world’s most prestigious universities, offering a range of undergraduate programs.
- Diverse study options: With a variety of undergraduate programs and specializations, students can choose from a wide range of subjects. They can find subjects tailored to suit their interests and career goals.
- Hands-on learning experiences: Many American universities and colleges offer internships, co-op, and research opportunities. This gives students practical, hands-on experience in their field of study.
- Exposure to diverse cultures: The USA is a melting pot of cultures. And studying in the USA can expose students to a diverse range of perspectives and ideas.
Explore your options and find the perfect Bachelor’s program in the USA with the help of Transglobal Overseas.
Our expert consultants can assist you in finding the right university, program, and scholarship to make your dream a reality.
Top Universities in the USA for Bachelor
Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the USA for Indian students can be a life-changing experience. With world-class education, a diverse student population, and excellent career opportunities. The USA is a popular destination for international students.
Let’s take a look at some of the top universities in the USA for Bachelor’s degree programs:
- Concordia University Chicago: 6000+ full-time students (Established in 1864).
- Cleveland State University: #18 in the U.S. public universities (Established in 1964).
- DeVry University: It is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (Founded in 1931).
- DePaul University: One of the Best Midwestern Colleges in the U.S. (Established in 1898).
- Kent State University: 268,000+ Alumni Worldwide (Established in 1910).
- Northern Arizona University: Located in the most beautiful part of Arizona with a wide range of courses (Founded in 1899).
- Florida International University: #50 among public Universities (Established in 1972).
These are just a few of the many top universities in the USA for Bachelor’s degree programs.
If you’re considering studying in the USA, it’s important to research and compares different universities to find the best fit.
Transglobal Overseas Education can help you with the process and guide you in the right direction.
Best Bachelor's degree in the USA for Indian Students
Choosing a degree program is an important decision, and it’s crucial to understand the different options available. In this section, we will provide an overview of the various types of Bachelor’s degrees offered in the USA.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) – This degree focuses on humanities and social science courses
- Bachelor of Science (BS) – This degree focuses on science and technical courses
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) – This degree focuses on creative and performing arts
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) – This degree focuses on business and management courses
- Bachelor of Music (BM) – This degree focuses on music performance and theory
With so many options available, it’s important to research and carefully consider which degree program aligns with your career goals.
Transglobal Overseas can help you navigate the different choices and find the best fit for you.
Top course to study for bachelor in the USA
Deciding on what to study for your UG in the USA can be a daunting task. But it’s important to consider what industry you want to enter after graduation. There are many great programs available in the USA. Below we have highlighted some of the top courses and industries to study in the USA for a bachelor’s degree:
- Computer Science: One of the most in-demand fields, computer science graduates can work as software developers, system administrators, and data scientists.
- Business Administration: A popular choice for students, a degree in business administration can lead to careers in management and marketing.
- Nursing: A growing field with a high demand for professionals, nursing graduates can work as registered nurses and healthcare administrators.
- Engineering: A diverse field with many specializations, engineering graduates can work as mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, civil engineers, and more.
- Environmental Science: As concerns about the environment and sustainability grow. A degree in environmental science can lead to careers in conservation, renewable energy, and environmental policy.
- Psychology: A degree in psychology can lead to careers in research, counseling, and mental health services.
- Education: Graduates with a degree in education can work as teachers, administrators, and education policymakers.
- Humanities: Graduates with a degree in humanities can work in fields such as journalism, law, and the arts.
Consider your interests and career goals when choosing a course and industry to study in the USA.
Transglobal Overseas can help you navigate the options and find the right program for you.
Reach out to our expert consultants for personalized guidance on selecting the best course to study in the USA.
Cost of Studying Bachelor in the USA
|Sr. No.||University/ College||Avg. Tution Fees (per year)|
|1||Public Universities||$8,000 to $25,000|
|2||Private Universities||$20,000 to $50,000|
|3||Community colleges||$5,000 to $10,000|
|4||Ivy League Universities||$40,000 to $60,000|
Researching and comparing different institutions and courses can help you find a program that fits your budget.
Contact Transglobal Overseas to get expert advice on finding the most affordable option for your education.
Cost of living in the USA
In order to study in the USA, it is important to have a clear understanding of the cost of living in the country. The cost of living varies depending on the location and lifestyle of the individual. Some of the main expenses include accommodation, food, transportation, and entertainment.
|Sr. No.||Expenses||Avg. Cost Per Month|
|1||Housing||The cost of housing can be one of the biggest expenses for individuals living in the United States. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in a city can range from $700 to $1,500 per month.|
|2||Transportation||The cost of transportation can vary depending on the mode of transportation and the location. For example, a monthly subway or bus pass in a major city can cost around $100.|
|3||Food||The cost of food can vary depending on the individual's diet and lifestyle. A moderate budget for food for one person can range from $300 to $700 per month.|
|4||Utilities||The cost of utilities, such as electricity, gas, and water, can vary depending on the location and the size of the home. The average cost of utilities for a 915-square-foot apartment can range from $100 to $200 per month.|
|5||Health Insurance||The cost of health insurance ranges from $100 to $200 per month. Having health insurance is mandatory in the USA and you can find a good policy that fits your budget.|
|6||Housing||The cost of housing can be one of the biggest expenses for individuals living in the United States. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in a city can range from $700 to $1,500 per month.|
|7||Transportation||The cost of transportation can vary depending on the mode of transportation and the location. For example, a monthly subway or bus pass in a major city can cost around $100.|
It’s important to keep in mind that the above costs are approximate and can vary depending on individual circumstances.
Transglobal help you research the cost of living in a specific area and plan for the same.
Scholarships to Study Bachelor in the USA
There are many scholarships available for international students looking to study for an Undergraduate degree in the USA. These scholarships can help cover the costs of tuition and living expenses, making it easier for students to pursue their education.
|1||Tata Scholarship, Cornell University||Available for students who have achieved good academic records.|
|2||OPEC Fund for International Scholarship, Stanford University||Available for international students with good academic achievements. Covers full academic fees.|
|3||Yale Scholarship||Available for students with good academic records. Covers 50,000 USD/ INR 39,80,525.|
|4||Washington University Scholarships||Available for students with exceptional academic and extracurricular performance in high school. The actual amount varies.|
|5||NYIT Presidential Scholarship, New York Institute of Technology||Available for students with a GPA of at least 3.8 or more and a high school average of 96%. Covers 26,000 USD/ INR 20,69,873|
To learn more about these scholarships and other options available to study Bachelor’s in the USA, contact Transglobal Overseas.
Job Opportunities after Bachelor in USA
The USA has a strong economy and job market, making it an attractive destination for international students. Here are some of the top job opportunities you can expect in the USA.
- Software Developer: A software developer creates and maintains computer programs, coding, and testing software. The average salary for a software developer in the USA is around $92,000 per year.
- Business Analyst: Business Analysts are responsible for identifying and evaluating business processes, identifying issues, and implementing solutions. The average salary for a Business Analyst in the USA is around $73,000 per year.
- Data Analyst: A Data Analyst is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data to identify patterns, trends, and insights. The average salary for a Data Analyst in the USA is around $65,000 per year.
- Human Resource Manager: Human Resource Managers are responsible for recruiting, selecting, and training employees. The average salary is around $78,000 per year.
- Project Manager: A Project Manager is responsible for planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. The average salary is $122,000 per year (INR 92,08,554).
- Marketing Manager: A Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote a company’s products or services. The average salary of a Marketing Manager in the USA is $126,000 per year (INR 94,97,939).
- Financial Analyst: A Financial Analyst is responsible for analyzing financial data and providing guidance to businesses making investment decisions. The average salary of a Financial Analyst in the USA is $87,000 per year (INR 65,45,299).
Choosing to study for a UG in the USA can provide a strong foundation for a successful career. Transglobal Overseas can provide career guidance to help you succeed.
Eligibility for Bachelor's degree in the USA
You must meet some specific eligibility criteria and requirements to study at the universities in the USA for a bachelor’s. Even though the actual one varies based on the university and the program, you apply for.
- Higher Secondary: Complete the 12th level of education with a minimum of 80% marks
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL (80-100) or IELTS (6.5 with a band minimum of 6)
- Statement of Purpose: Express qualifications, hobbies, achievements, etc.
- Letter of Recommendation: Showcase interest and expertise in a particular field
- Study Visa: Valid passport and visa required
It’s important to understand the eligibility requirements for a Bachelor’s degree in the USA for Indian students.
Transglobal Overseas can assist you in understanding these requirements and guide you through the application process.
Documents Requirement for Bachelor's Degree in the USA
When applying for a Bachelor’s degree in the USA, there are several documents that are required by the universities. These documents are important as they help to determine your eligibility and qualifications for the program. These are key documents that you will need to submit in order to apply for an undergraduate degree in the USA.
The following list includes the most commonly required documents.
- Transcripts and academic records: You will need to provide official transcripts and academic records from all institutions you have attended. This includes grades, test scores, and any honors or awards received.
- English proficiency test: You will need to provide scores from a recognized English proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP): This document provides an overview of your academic and professional background. It also includes your reasons for pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the USA as an indian student and your future goals.
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR): These letters are written by individuals who can vouch for your academic or professional abilities. These letters can be from teachers, professors, or supervisors.
- Resume: A resume will be required that summarizes your educational and professional background.
- Passport: A valid passport is required for the student visa application process.
- Financial documents: You have to provide financial documents that demonstrate your ability to pay for tuition, living expenses, and other costs.
It is important to note that the specific document requirements may vary depending on the university or program you are applying to. Therefore, it is recommended to check with the university directly for their specific requirements.
Transglobal Overseas can help you gather the required documents and apply for your dream college.
Contact us today!
Student visas for the United States
In order to study for a bachelor’s degree in the United States, international students must obtain a student visa. The student visa, also known as the F-1 visa, is the most common type of visa for international students. Here are some key points to keep in mind when applying for a student visa:
- The student visa (F-1) is the most common type of visa for international students in the United States. It allows students to study full-time at an accredited college or university in the US.
- To apply for a student visa, you must first be accepted into a school and have a valid Form I-20 from the school.
- The student visa application process includes filling out the DS-160 online application, paying a visa fee, and scheduling an interview at a US consulate or embassy.
- During the interview, you will need to provide proof of your financial ability. This means showing that you can pay for your education and living expenses.
- You will also need to demonstrate that you have the intent to return to your home country after completing your studies.
- It is important to note that student visa holders cannot work off-campus during their first year of studies. After the first year, they may be eligible for on-campus jobs, practical training, and off-campus internships.
- The duration of student visa is usually valid for the duration of the program of study. Plus, 60 days to allow for departure from the United States.
It’s important to note that students are not allowed to work on a student visa. But they may apply for optional practical training (OPT) after the completion of their degree.
Consult our expert consultants for assistance in the visa application process.
Admission Process for Bachelor's degree in the USA
The admission process for a Bachelor’s degree in the USA can seem overwhelming, but with the right guidance and preparation, it can be a smooth process. It’s essential to understand the steps involved and the documents required to apply to universities in the USA.
- Research universities and programs that align with your interests and goals
- Check the universities’ application deadlines and requirements
- Take English language proficiency tests (TOEFL or IELTS)
- Submit transcripts and diplomas from previous education
- Write a personal statement or statement of purpose
- Obtain letters of recommendation
- Submit the application and pay the application fee
- Interview with admissions officials (if required)
- Receive an acceptance letter and enroll in the university
- Apply for a student visa
At Transglobal Overseas, our expert consultants will guide you through the entire admission process.
Work while studying in the USA
Studying in the United States can be a great opportunity for international students to gain knowledge and experience. One of the best things about studying in the USA is the ability to work while studying. Here are some working options while studying in the USA:
- On-campus jobs: Many universities in the US offer on-campus jobs to international students. Students can work as research assistants, teaching assistants, or library assistants. These jobs typically have flexible hours and do not require any prior work experience.
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT): CPT is a type of work authorization that allows international students to work off-campus. This can include internships, co-ops, or any other type of practical training related to the student’s field of study.
- Optional Practical Training (OPT): OPT is another type of work authorization that allows international students to work in the US. This allows students to work after they have completed their studies. This can include full-time or part-time employment, and students can apply for up to 12 months of OPT after completing their bachelor’s degree.
- H-1B Visa: The H-1B visa is a popular option for international students wanting to work in the US after graduation. This type of visa allows students to work for a specific employer for up to six years. However, obtaining an H-1B visa can be a competitive and complex process.
- Other visa options: There are other types of work visas available for international students in the US. This includes the L-1, O-1, and TN visas. These visas have specific requirements and may be more suitable for certain types of jobs or fields of study.
Pathway to PR after finishing Bachelor in USA
Once you have completed a UG in the USA, there are several options to obtain (PR) status in the country. These pathways include:
- Employment-based visas: After the Bachelor’s degree, you can find a job with a US employer to sponsor you for a work visa. This can lead to obtaining a green card through the employment-based visa process.
- Family-based visas: If you have a US citizen family member, they can sponsor you for a green card.
- Diversity Visa Program: Also known as the “green card lottery,” this program randomly selects individuals from low rates immigration countries.
- Asylee or refugee status: If you have been persecuted in your home country, you may be eligible for refugee status in the USA.
- The EB-1 Extraordinary Ability Visa: This is a PR visa for people with a level of expertise and recognition in their field that is above the norm.
- The EB-4 Special Immigrant Visa: This is a PR visa for people in specific categories, such as religious workers.
- The EB-5 Investor Visa: This is a PR visa for people willing to invest at least $1,800,000 in a new commercial enterprise in the USA.
How can Transglobal Overseas help you?
Choosing to study abroad is a big decision, and the process can be overwhelming. Transglobal Overseas is here to help make the process as smooth and stress-free as possible. Our team of expert consultants will guide you through the entire process. We can help you with everything from selecting the right program and university to obtaining your student visa.
- Assessing your academic background and qualifications to match you with the best-suited universities and programs for your needs
- Providing detailed information about the application process, including deadlines, fees, and required documents
- Preparing and reviewing your application materials, including personal statements, letters of recommendation, and test scores
- Assisting with visa application and providing guidance on maintaining legal status during your studies
- Helping you secure on-campus housing and accommodation
- Assisting you with pre-departure planning, including travel arrangements and insurance
- Offering ongoing support throughout your studies, including academic and career counseling.
Don’t let the process of studying abroad overwhelm you.
Let Transglobal Overseas be your guide, and take the first step towards achieving your academic and career goals.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our expert consultants.
Where to study in the U.S.?
The United States is home to some of the world’s most prestigious universities and colleges, including Ivy League schools, large public universities, and small liberal arts colleges. The best place to study in the U.S. will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Some popular cities for international students include New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, and Chicago.
Is the USA good for Indian students?
The United States is a great place for Indian students to study. The U.S. also offers many opportunities for Indian students to pursue internships, which can be valuable for professional development. Additionally, the U.S. is home to a large Indian diaspora. It will provide a sense of community and support for Indian students studying abroad.
What is the cheapest bachelor's degree in the USA?
The cost of a bachelor’s degree in the United States can vary widely depending on the institution and program. Public universities tend to be less expensive than private universities, and in-state tuition is often cheaper than out-of-state tuition. Additionally, some states have lower overall costs of living, which can also affect the overall cost of a degree. Some of the cheapest bachelor’s degree programs in the U.S. can be found at state universities and colleges.
Can we go to the USA without IELTS?
It is possible to study in the United States without taking the IELTS. Many universities accept alternative English proficiency tests such as TOEFL or PTE. However, it is important to check with the specific institution you’re applying to, as some universities do require IELTS scores for international students.
How much of a study gap is acceptable in the USA?
The acceptance of study gaps varies depending on the institution and program. Some universities may have strict policies regarding gaps in education, while others may be more lenient. It is important to check with the specific institution you’re applying to and to explain any gaps in your education in your personal statement. In general, a gap of 2 years is considered acceptable.
How can I pass the US student visa interview?
It is important to be well-prepared and have all the necessary documentation for passing the US student visa interview. You should be able to demonstrate your ties to your home country. Additionally, you should be able to explain your academic and financial plans in detail. And have all required documents, such as the I-20 form, passport, and financial statements.
Bachelor's duration in the USA?
The duration of a Bachelor’s degree in the USA typically ranges between 4-5 years. However, it can vary depending on the course of study and the institution. Some universities offer a 3-year Bachelor’s degree program, while others offer an accelerated program that can be completed in 3 years. So, you must check with the college or university before starting the program.