With its world-renowned universities, diverse culture, and endless opportunities, the United States is an excellent place to study. You will have the chance to receive a top-quality education, learn from world-class professors, and gain valuable skills and experiences that will benefit you both personally and professionally.
In addition to your academic pursuits, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in a new culture, make lifelong friends, and explore the diverse landscapes, cultures, and communities that make the United States such a dynamic and vibrant country. So why wait? Start your journey and study abroad in the USA today!
Why choose the USA for study?
The United States is a top destination for international students, and for a good reason. Here are a few reasons why you may want to consider studying in the United States:
- Quality Education: The United States is home to some of the top universities in the world, offering a wide range of academic programs and research opportunities. You will have the opportunity to study with world-class professors and learn from experts in your field.
- Cultural Diversity: The United States is a melting pot of cultures, with people from all over the world coming together to create a diverse and vibrant society. You will have the chance to learn about different cultures, meet new people, and broaden your perspective.
- Professional Opportunities: Studying in the United States can open doors to internships, job opportunities, and networking connections that can benefit you in your future career.
- Personal Growth: Studying abroad is a life-changing experience that allows you to learn about yourself, develop independence, and gain skills that will serve you well in the future.
- Access to Resources: The United States is home to a wide range of resources, including state-of-the-art research facilities, libraries, and other resources that can enhance your learning experience.
- Language Immersion: Studying in the United States can provide an immersive language-learning experience that can help you improve your English communication skill.
- Global Experience: Studying in the United States can provide a global perspective and help you build connections with people from around the world.
Overall, the United States is an excellent destination for international students, offering a unique and enriching experience that can benefit you both personally and professionally.
Still not sure if the USA is the right destination for your studies? Contact Transglobal Overseas’s USA education consultants for guidance and advice.
Top Universities to Study in the US
There are a number of great universities in USA that students can explore while they’re in college. Some of the best universities in US are listed below:
- Concordia University Chicago: 6000+ full-time students (Established in 1864).
- Cleveland State University: #18 in the U.S. public universities (Established in 1964).
- DeVry University: It is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (Founded in 1931).
- DePaul University: One of the Best Midwestern Colleges in the U.S (Established in 1898).
- Kent State University: 268,000+ Alumni Worldwide (Established in 1910).
- Northern Arizona University: Located in the most beautiful part of Arizona with a wide range of courses (Founded in 1899).
- Florida International University: #50 among public Universities (Established in 1972).
Not sure which is the right University for you? Our team of study in USA consultants can help you explore your options. Contact us now to start your journey toward a top-quality education in the United States!
Top Courses to Study in the US
There are many top courses to study abroad in the USA, depending on the student’s interests and career goals. Some popular courses among international students include:
- Business and Management: Courses in business management, such as business administration or finance, are popular among international students. These courses can provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to pursue careers in fields such as finance, marketing, or consulting.
- Engineering: Engineering courses, such as computer science, electrical engineering, or mechanical engineering, are also popular among international students. These courses can provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to pursue careers in fields such as technology, manufacturing, or construction.
- Computer science: Computer science courses are popular among international students interested in careers in technology or programming. These courses can provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to work in fields such as software development, data science, or artificial intelligence.
- Health sciences: Courses in medicine and health sciences, such as nursing, pharmacy, or dentistry, are popular among international students. These courses can provide students with the skills and knowledge they need to pursue careers in the healthcare field.
- Liberal arts and humanities: Courses in liberal arts and humanities, such as history, literature, or psychology, are popular among international students. These courses can provide students with a broad range of skills and knowledge and provide a variety of career paths.
Don’t know where to start when it comes to selecting courses for your studies in the United States? Our team of study in USA consultants can help you explore your options and make the best choice for your career goals. Contact us now to get started!
Job Prospects or Career Opportunities in the USA
There are many career opportunities available in the United States in a wide range of industries. Some popular fields with good job prospects in the USA include:
- Healthcare: Because of an ageing population and increased demand for healthcare services, the Healthcare industry is expected to continue growing in the coming years. Jobs in this field include doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals.
- Technology: The technology sector is rapidly growing, and there is a high demand for professionals with skills in software development, data science, and cybersecurity.
- Finance: The finance industry offers a variety of career opportunities, including roles in banking, accounting, and financial analysis.
- Education: There is a growing demand for teachers, especially in subjects such as math, science, and special education.
It’s important to research the specific job prospects in the area where you are interested in working. Also, consider your own skills, interests, and values when considering career opportunities.
How to Study in the USA from India?
Here are the steps you can follow to study in the USA from India:
- Research schools and programs: Begin by researching and selecting course and university in the United States that align with your career goals. Consider factors such as the cost of tuition and living expenses, the location of the school, and the program of study.
- Get Counseling: Each school and program has its own admissions requirements, such as transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, and essays. Counselors can help you understand the process. They can also help you review the requirements for the schools and programs.
- Take required tests: Many schools and programs in the United States require applicants to take standardized tests, such as the SAT or ACT for undergraduate programs or the GRE or GMAT for graduate programs.
- Apply for a student visa: After receiving your offer letter from your chosen university/college, you will need to apply for a student visa. The process for obtaining a student visa can take several months, so it’s important to start the process as early as possible.
- Research the cost of living: The cost of living in the United States can vary significantly depending on the location and the lifestyle of the individual. It’s important to research the specific costs of living in the area where you will be studying.
- Make arrangements for housing and transportation: Once you have a better idea of the cost of living in the United States. You can start making arrangements for housing and transportation.
Dreaming of studying in the United States but feeling overwhelmed by the process? Our team of USA education consultants can help you. Contact us now to take the first step toward achieving your educational goals!
Scholarships to Study in the USA
There are many scholarships available for students who wish to study abroad in the USA, and these scholarships are often named after the organizations, individuals, or foundations that fund them. Here are a few examples of scholarships with names in the United States:
- The Fulbright Scholarships USA program is a prestigious and highly competitive scholarship program. The U.S. Department of State funds it. It provides funding for international students to study, research, or teach in the United States. The program is open to students in a wide range of fields, including the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences.
- Stanford University Scholarships are scholarship programs that are offered to students who are attending Stanford University. These scholarships may be based on academic merit, financial need, or other factors.
- Yale University Scholarships USA are scholarship programs that are offered to students who are attending Yale University. These scholarships may be based on academic merit, financial need, or other factors. These may be available to students in specific subject areas or with particular profiles.
- The University of New Haven Scholarship is a scholarship program that is offered to students who are attending the University of New Haven. These scholarships may be based on academic merit, financial need, or other factors.
Ready to take the next step towards your education in the United States but worried about paying for tuition? Our team of USA education consultants can help you find and apply for scholarships. Contact us now to learn more!
How Much Cost Is Required to Study abroad in the USA?
The cost of studying in the United States can vary significantly depending on a number of factors, including the type of institution you attend, the location of the school, and the program of study.
|Master’s Degree in USA||Postgraduate courses tend to be more expensive than UG courses. While the actual cost will vary, the tuition fees will fall within the range of USD 20,000 - USD 60,000 per year for most post-graduate programs in the USA.|
|Bachelor's Degree / Undergraduate in USA||The cost of education varies depending on the college and the program. Some colleges typically have lower tuition fees than four-year colleges or universities. Tuition and fees for a full-time student for a UG program can range from USD 25000 - USD 40,000 per year.|
|MBA in USA||MBA is one of the most sought-after degrees in the USA and is one of the most expensive as well. You can expect to pay anywhere between USD 50,000 - USD 60,000 per year if you wish to pursue MBA in the USA.|
In addition to tuition and fees, you will also need to budget for other expenses such as housing, food, transportation, and books. It’s important to research the specific costs of the institutions and programs you are considering. You should also consider financial aid and scholarship opportunities that may be available to help cover these costs.
Cost of Living in the USA
The cost of living in the United States can vary significantly depending on the location and the lifestyle of the individual. Here are some general estimates of the costs of living in the USA:
|Housing||The cost of housing can be one of the biggest expenses for individuals living in the United States. Rent for a one-bedroom apartment in a city can range from $700 to $1,500 per month.|
|Transportation||The cost of transportation can vary depending on the mode of transportation and the location. For example, a monthly subway or bus pass in a major city can cost around $100.|
|Food||The cost of food can vary depending on the individual's diet and lifestyle. A moderate budget for food for one person can range from $300 to $700 per month.|
|Utilities||The cost of utilities, such as electricity, gas, and water, can vary depending on the location and the size of the home. The average cost of utilities for a 915-square-foot apartment can range from $100 to $200 per month.|
|Health Insurance||The cost of health insurance ranges from $100 to $200 per month. Having health insurance is mandatory in the USA and you can find a good policy that fits your budget.|
It’s important to keep in mind that these estimates are just general guidelines. The actual costs will depend on a variety of factors, including the location, the individual’s lifestyle.
Are you worried about how you’ll afford your studies in the United States? Our team of study in USA consultants can help you. They will create a financial plan that will ensure you have the resources you need to succeed.
Contact us now to take the first step towards achieving your educational goals!
Which Exam Is Required to Study Abroad in the USA?
There are several exams that are commonly required for students who wish to study abroad in the USA. The specific exams required will depend on the individual student’s educational and language backgrounds. Also, on the requirements of the universities or programs, they are interested in.
|English Language Proficiency Exams||Many universities in the United States require international students to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language. The most common exams for this purpose are |
"The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). These exams test the student's ability to read, write, listen, and speak in English."
|Standardized Tests||Many universities in the United States also require international students to take standardized tests such as the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Testing (ACT) exam. |
These exams test the student's knowledge and skills in areas such as math, reading, and writing.
|Subject-Specific Exams||"Some universities or programs may also require students to take subject-specific exams, such as the Advanced Placement (AP) exams or the International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. " |
These exams test the student's knowledge and skills in specific subject areas, such as history, science, or mathematics.
If you want to study IELTS, you can avail of best IELTS coaching in Delhi from Transglobal Overseas. We help you in all sections of IELTS. If you want to know more about our IELTS classes, you can visit this page or contact us.
Education System in the USA
The higher education system in the United States is diverse and decentralized, with a wide range of options for post-secondary education. These options include community colleges, four-year colleges, and universities. So, if you want to study abroad in the USA, you must be aware of the education system.
|Community College||Community colleges, also known as junior colleges, offer associate degrees and can be a more affordable option for students. These schools typically offer a variety of academic and vocational programs, and credits earned at a community college can often be transferred to a four-year college or university.|
|Four-year college / Universities||Four-year colleges and universities offer bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in a wide range of academic fields. Many colleges and universities in the United States are research institutions, meaning they have a strong focus on research and graduate education. These schools can be public or private, and tuition costs vary widely.|
Admissions to colleges and universities in the United States can be competitive, and students typically apply to multiple schools. Admissions decisions are based on a variety of factors, including grades, test scores, extracurricular activities, and other accomplishments. Financial aid, including grants, loans, and scholarships, is available to help students pay for their education.
Intakes in the USA Universities
In the United States, universities typically have multiple intakes or periods of enrollment throughout the year. The intake process looks like this:
- The main intake occurs in the fall semester (usually starting in August or September).
- Some universities may also have intakes in the spring semester (starting in January) and summer semester (starting in May or June).
- The specific dates for each intake may vary from university to university and depend on the academic calendar of the institution.
Prospective students can apply to a university during any of these intake periods. Some universities may have rolling admissions. It means that they review and accept applications on a continuous basis throughout the year. Other universities may have a specific application deadline for each intake period.
In addition to the main intake periods, some universities may also offer specialized programs or courses. They have their own intake periods or application deadlines. For example, a university may offer a short-term study abroad program that has a separate application process and intake period.
What Is the Eligibility to Study in The USA?
To be eligible to study in the USA from India, you must meet certain requirements set by the U.S. government and the educational institution you wish to attend. These requirements may vary depending on your level of study and the specific program you are interested in.
In general, you will need to meet the following criteria for each program to be eligible to study abroad in the USA:
- A high school degree with a decent percentage (minimum 60%)
- IELTS score of no less than 6
- Minimum TOEFL 61 to 89, or equivalent
- A bachelor’s degree from a verified institute
- IELTS score of no less than 6
- Minimum TOEFL 61 to 89, or equivalent
MBA Course Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree
- Score of Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT)
- Minimum 6 to 6.5 score on English language proficiency tests, like IELTS
Student Visa Requirements for the US:
International students who want to study abroad in the USA will need to obtain a student visa. There is mainly the F-1 visa for academic students.
To be eligible for a student visa, you must:
- Be accepted to a SEVP-approved school.
- Have sufficient financial resources to pay for your tuition, living expenses, and other costs.
- Demonstrate that you have a residence abroad that you do not intend to abandon.
- Prove that you have strong ties to your home country, such as a job or family, to show that you plan to return after completing your studies.
Documents You Need to Apply for an F1 Visa to Study Abroad in the USA
- Passport: You will need a valid passport with at least six months of validity remaining.
- Form I-20: You will receive this form from the SEVP-approved school once you have been accepted. You will need to sign and return the form to the school and bring it with you to your visa interview.
- SEVIS I-901 fee receipt: You will need to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online before you can schedule your visa interview.
- DS-160 confirmation page: You will need to complete the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application and bring the confirmation page to your visa interview.
- Photo: You will need to bring a recent passport-style photo to your visa interview.
- Proof of financial support: You will need to provide proof that you have the financial resources to pay for your tuition, living expenses, and other costs while you study abroad in the USA. This can include bank statements, scholarship letters, and/or letters of support from sponsors.
- Academic transcripts: You may need to provide copies of your academic transcripts or other documents that demonstrate your academic qualifications.
- Evidence of ties to your home country: You will need to provide evidence that you have strong ties to your home country, such as a job or family, to show that you plan to return after completing your studies.
- A certificate and score of English proficiency & academic exams such as IELTS, TOEFL, GMAT, etc.
Are you planning to study in the United States? Make sure you have all the necessary documents and information to apply for a student visa! TransGlobal’s study in USA consultants can help you navigate the process and ensure you meet all the requirements. Contact us today to take a step toward your career.
How Long Does It Take to Get a US Study Visa?
The processing time for a student visa can vary depending on a number of factors. Primarily, it depends on the embassy or consulate where you are applying, your country of citizenship, and the current demand for visas.
On average, it can take several weeks to several months to obtain a student visa. It is important to start the process as early as possible to ensure that you have enough time to gather the required documents and schedule a visa interview.
How Much Is the Bank Balance Required for an US Student Visa?
The bank balance required for a student visa to the United States can vary depending on a number of factors, including the cost of tuition and living expenses at your school, your personal expenses, and the length of your program.
As a general rule, you will need to show that you have enough financial resources to cover the cost of your tuition and living expenses while you are studying in the United States. This may include the cost of housing, food, books, transportation, and any other expenses you may incur while you study abroad in the USA.
However, in most cases, students must have at least 1.5 times the amount that is mentioned in your I-20 form. In some cases, a minimum of 5,000- 10,000 USD is also considered enough to be eligible for the F1 visa.
Why Is a US Student Visa Rejected?
There are several reasons why a student visa to the United States may be rejected. Some common reasons include:
- Insufficient financial resources: You will need to show that you have the financial resources to cover the cost of your tuition and living expenses.
- Incomplete or incorrect documentation: It is important to carefully gather and complete all required documents for your visa application.
- Misrepresentation or fraud: If you provide false or misleading information on your visa application, your visa may be denied.
- Ineligibility: You must meet certain eligibility requirements to obtain a student visa, including being accepted to a SEVP-approved school and demonstrating that you have the academic and language skills necessary to pursue your studies in the United States. If you do not meet these requirements, your visa may be rejected.
If your student visa is denied, you may be able to reapply or appeal the decision. It is a good idea to contact the U.S. embassy or consulate to learn about the specific reason for the rejection and what steps you can take next.
Don’t let the student visa process crush your dream of studying abroad! Our USA education consultants can help you gather all the necessary documents for your student visa application. Contact us now to achieve your dreams of studying in the USA!
Is the USA Good for Studying Abroad?
The United States is a popular destination for international students due to its diverse range of academic programs and world-renowned universities. It offers a unique cultural experience and the opportunity to receive a high-quality education.
Can I Settle in the USA After Studying?
It is possible for international students who have studied in the United States to settle in the country after their studies. Still, it is important to note that some specific requirements and procedures must be followed.
Is It Easy to Get a Job in the USA for International Students?
It can be challenging for international students to find a job in the United States after completing their studies, as there are certain restrictions. However, it is possible for international students to find employment in the United States after completing their studies if they meet the requirements and follow the proper procedures.
Can I Take My Family to the USA on a Student Visa?
If you are an international student, who has been accepted to study abroad in the United States on a student visa (F-1 visa). In that case, you can bring your family to the United States. However, for this, certain requirements and procedures must be followed.
How Much Can a Student Earn in the USA Per Hour?
The amount that a student can earn in the United States per hour will depend on a variety of factors. According to Statista, the median hourly wage for workers in the United States who are under the age of 25 is $13.50.
Can Students Work During Their Studies in the US?
International students studying in the United States on a student visa (F-1 visa) generally allow working while studying. In addition, students generally allow working on campus for up to 20 hours per week while classes are in session and may be able to work full-time during breaks and holidays.