Pursuing a master’s in USA for Indian students can be a life-changing experience. Not only does it provide students with a world-class education, but it also opens doors to a wide range of career opportunities. The United States is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the world. These Universities offer a diverse range of programs in various fields. Let’s look at the top courses to study for a master’s degree in the USA and what makes them so special. We will also discuss the eligibility criteria and exam requirements for these programs to help you make an informed decision about your studies.
Why pursue Masters in USA as an Indian Student?
Pursuing a Master’s in USA for Indian students a big decision. But it can also be a highly rewarding one. From access to world-renowned universities and research facilities to diverse course offerings in various fields, the US offers many opportunities for international students. The cultural immersion and personal growth of studying abroad in USA can also be invaluable. Quality education with a global perspective is yet another benefit.
- Access to world-renowned universities and research facilities: The US is home to some of the most prestigious universities in the world. It offers students access to cutting-edge technology and learning from the best field experts.
- Diverse course offerings in various fields: The US offers many Master’s programs. You can find everything from Business and Engineering to more specialized fields like Biotechnology.
- Opportunities for networking and career advancement: The US is a melting pot of cultures and industries. It allows students to network with professionals from around the world. And also let you gain valuable experience in your chosen field.
- Cultural immersion and personal growth: Studying in the US offers the chance to experience a new culture and way of life. It can help students develop intercultural competence and expand their perspectives.
- Quality education with a global perspective: Master’s in USA are designed to provide students with the knowledge to excel in the world. It equips them to think critically and solve problems in a cross-cultural context.
The education system in the USA
The education system in the United States is known for its flexibility and diversity. From course structure to teaching methods, US universities offer students a wide range of options. Understanding the education system is key to making the most of your experience of a master’s in USA.
- Flexible course structure: US universities offer a variety of class formats, such as lectures, seminars, and independent study. It allows students to tailor their education to their individual needs and interests.
- Emphasis on independent research: US universities strongly emphasize independent research and critical thinking. Students are encouraged to take ownership of their education and explore their chosen fields.
- Active learning approach: US universities adopt an active learning approach. It’s where students are encouraged to participate in class discussions and to work on projects and assignments. It helps students develop problem-solving skills and to apply what they learn in real-world situations.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities: US universities provide students with access to cutting-edge technology and resources. It includes everything, including advanced labs and research facilities. It helps students gain hands-on experience and to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in their field.
- Variety of teaching methods: US universities use various teaching methods, such as lectures, group work, and online learning. It helps students learn in a way that best suits their needs and learning style.
Explore your options and find the perfect Master’s degree for you.
Transglobal Overseas can help you navigate the study abroad process and find a program that aligns with your career goals.
Contact us today to learn more.
Degree Options for Studying MS in USA
Pursuing an MS in USA provides students with a wealth of options. With a diverse range of programs and specializations available, students can choose a degree that aligns with their career goals. Understanding the different types of Master’s degrees is key to making the most of your educational experience in the US.
|Sr. No.||Degree Option||Detail|
|1||Master of Arts (MA)||This degree focuses on the humanities and social sciences, such as history, literature, and political science. It usually requires the completion of coursework and a thesis or final project.|
|2||Master of Science (MS)||This degree focuses on the natural sciences and engineering, such as biology, chemistry, and computer science. It usually requires the completion of coursework and a thesis or final project.|
|3||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||focuses on business administration, management, and leadership. It usually requires the completion of coursework and a final project and may also include an internship or practical experience.|
|4||Master of Education (MEd)||focuses on educational theory and practice. It is intended for individuals seeking to become educators or instructional leaders. It usually requires the completion of coursework and a final project.|
|5||Master of Fine Arts (MFA)||This degree focuses on fine arts, such as painting, sculpture, and theater. It usually requires the completion of coursework and a final project and may also include an internship or practical experience.|
Top course to study masters in USA
When it comes to pursuing a master’s degree in the United States, the options are endless. From business to engineering, there are many courses available for students to choose from. However, some courses are more in demand and offer better job prospects than others. Here are some top courses to study for a master’s degree in the USA.
|1||Business Administration||A master's degree in business administration (MBA) is the USA's most popular and sought-after course. It provides students with a comprehensive understanding of business management and prepares them for leadership roles in various industries.|
|2||Computer Science||The field of computer science is rapidly growing. A master's degree in this field can lead to exciting job opportunities in the tech industry. Students will learn about artificial intelligence, machine learning, and computer systems, among other things.|
|3||Electrical Engineering||A master's degree in electrical engineering is a great choice for those interested in electronic's design and development. Graduates can find employment in various industries, including telecommunications, robotics, and power systems.|
|4||Environmental Science||With the pressing need to address environmental issues, a master's degree in environmental science is becoming increasingly popular. Students will learn about environmental management, conservation, and sustainable development, among other things.|
|5||Public Health||A master's degree in public health is a great option for students interested in improving the well-being of communities. Graduates can find employment in health departments, non-profit organizations, and research institutions, among other places.|
Many other options are available; these are just a few examples of popular and in-demand courses for studying abroad. Transglobal can help you choose the best course. Get in touch with us today!
MS in USA Top Universities
A Master’s degree from a top university in the USA can open doors to a world of opportunities in your career. The education system and facilities in the USA make it a top destination for students seeking a high-quality education. With a wide range of universities and programs, the USA has something to offer everyone. Here are some of the top Universities in the USA:
|1||Concordia University Chicago||6000+ full-time students (Established in 1864).|
|2||Cleveland State University||#18 in the US public universities (Established in 1964).|
|3||DeVry University||It is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (Founded in 1931).|
|4||DePaul University||One of the Best Midwestern Colleges in the US (Established in 1898).|
|5||Kent State University||268,000+ Alumni Worldwide (Established in 1910).|
|6||Northern Arizona University||Located in the most beautiful part of Arizona with a wide range of courses (Founded in 1899).|
|7||Florida International University||#50 among public Universities (Established in 1972).|
Choosing the right university can be a crucial decision that can shape your future.
Consider your career goals and choose a top university in the USA that aligns with your interests and aspirations.
Get in touch with Transglobal Overseas to take the first step!
Eligibility criteria and exam requirements
When it comes to pursuing a Master’s degree in the US, there are certain eligibility criteria you need to meet. These include things like having a bachelor’s degree, meeting the required GPA, and taking the appropriate exams. Let’s take a closer look at what you need to be eligible for a Master’s program in the US:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized institution, with 3 to 4 years of study in a relevant field.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher, equivalent to 87% in your bachelor’s degree.
- For US universities, the average IELTS band requirement is 6.5.
- Achieve a score of 330 or above on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Write a compelling Statement of Purpose outlining your goals and motivations for pursuing a Master’s degree in the US
- Show evidence of research internships, published research papers, or other relevant project work and seminars
- Obtain 2-3 letters of recommendation from academic or professional references
- Demonstrate social and leadership activities through extracurricular activities or volunteer work.
Some universities may have additional or alternative requirements. Additionally, some programs may require specific test scores or work experience. So it is important to research the specific requirements of the university and program you are interested in.
Transglobal Overseas can help you navigate the eligibility criteria and exam requirements for the Master’s program you are interested in.
Cost of studying Master in USA
Pursuing an MS in the United States can be a significant investment. The cost of studying in USA can vary greatly depending on the course and university selection. Researching the costs associated with your education is important to make an informed decision.
|1||Computer Science||The average cost of studying for a master's degree in computer science in the USA can range from $30,000 to $60,000 annually. However, tuition fees may vary based on your chosen university and program. Some popular universities offering computer science courses include Stanford University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and California Institute of Technology.|
|2||Law||The cost of studying a master's degree in law in the USA can range from $50,000 to $90,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular law schools in the USA include Harvard Law School, Yale Law School, and Stanford Law School.|
|3||Business Studies||The average cost of studying for a master's degree in business studies in the USA can range from $40,000 to $70,000 annually. It may vary based on the university and program you choose. Some popular universities offering business studies courses include Harvard Business School, Stanford Graduate School of Business, and the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.|
|4||Engineering||Cost of studying for a master's degree in engineering in the USA can range from $30,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular universities offering engineering courses include the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, California Institute of Technology, and Stanford University.|
|5||Psychology||The average cost of studying for a master's degree in psychology in the USA can range from $20,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular universities offering psychology courses include the University of California, Los Angeles, Stanford University, and the University of Michigan.|
|6||Social Work||The cost of studying for a master's degree in social work in the USA can range from $20,000 to $50,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular universities offering social work courses include the University of Michigan, Columbia University, and the University of Chicago.|
|7||Medicine||Cost of studying for a master's degree in medicine in the USA can range from $30,000 to $60,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular universities offering medicine courses include Harvard Medical School, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and Stanford University School of Medicine.|
|8||Architecture||The average cost of studying for a master's degree in architecture in the USA can range from $30,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on the university and program. Popular universities offering architecture courses include Harvard Graduate School of Design, Massachusetts Institute of Technology School of Architecture and Planning, and Columbia University Graduate School of Architecture, Planning, and Preservation.|
Note: All above cost are estimated as cost of studying Master’s in USA varies on many factors. If you want know the exact cost, you can connect with our study abroad consultants!
Contact us today to learn more.
Cost of living in the USA
The cost of living in the USA can vary greatly depending on the location and lifestyle of the individual. For those pursuing an MS in USA, it’s important to consider not only tuition and fees but also the cost of living. Accommodation, food, transportation, and other expenses can add up quickly.
These costs will give you an idea of what to expect when budgeting your housing expenses.
PG (Shared Room)
- New York City: $600 – $1000 per month
- Los Angeles: $500 – $800 per month
- Chicago: $450 – $700 per month
- San Francisco: $800 – $1200 per month
- Boston: $600 – $1000 per month
- New York City: $1200 – $2000 per month
- Los Angeles: $1000 – $1500 per month
- Chicago: $800 – $1200 per month
- San Francisco: $2000 – $3000 per month
- Boston: $1200 – $2000 per month
- New York City: $2000 – $3000 per month
- Los Angeles: $1500 – $2000 per month
- Chicago: $1200 – $1800 per month
- San Francisco: $3000 – $4000 per month
- Boston: $2000 – $3000 per month
It’s important to note that these costs can vary greatly depending on the location and availability of housing. Additionally, you may be able to find more affordable housing options by sharing an apartment or house with roommates.
Other expenses in the US include:
- Groceries: The cost of groceries in the US can vary widely depending on where you live and your personal preferences. On average, you can expect to spend between $200 and $500 monthly on groceries.
- Transportation: The cost of transportation in the US will depend on whether you own a car or use public transportation. Owning a car can be quite expensive, with expenses such as fuel, insurance, and maintenance. If you use public transportation, you can expect to spend between $50 and $150 monthly on transportation costs.
- Health Insurance: Health insurance is mandatory in the US, and the cost depends on your plan type. On average, you can expect to spend between $100 and $500 monthly on health insurance.
- Entertainment: The cost of entertainment in the US can vary widely depending on what you like to do. On average, you can expect to spend between $50 and $150 per month on entertainment.
- Miscellaneous: Miscellaneous expenses in the US can include things like laundry, dry cleaning, and other unexpected expenses. On average, you can expect to spend between $50 and $150 per month on miscellaneous expenses.
The overall monthly expenses can be quite high for those with a family.
For example, a family of three with a wife and child can expect to spend around $5,000 to $10,000 monthly.
Masters in the USA with Scholarships
Pursuing MS in the USA is a dream for many students worldwide, and it’s no wonder why. The US has some of the world’s best universities, a thriving international community, and opportunities for research and innovation. But the cost of an MS education can be steep, especially for international students. That’s where scholarships come in. With the right scholarship, you can get the financial support you need to achieve your dream.
|1||New York University Wagner Scholarship||grants 25,000 USD to 47,000 USD. It helps cover tuition, fees, and living expenses for MS students at NYU.|
|2||Fulbright Student Program||This program provides comprehensive financial support for international students pursuing MS degrees in the USA. The grant funds tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance. It's a great choice for students who need full support to pursue their studies.|
|3||Clark University Scholarships||These scholarships provide between 20,000 USD to 25,000 USD in funding.|
|4||Next-Gen Scholarship||This scholarship provides a grant of 1,000 USD for students who are looking to start their degrees.|
|5||Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship||This scholarship offers a combination of grant funds and loans. 50% of the scholarship is a grant, while the other 50% is a loan.|
|6||East Tennessee State University||This university provides a scholarship of 11,500 USD per year. It helps MS students cover the cost of tuition, fees, and living expenses.|
With these scholarships, you can get Scholarship And Financial Aid support, including the education loan you need to pursue your MS degree in the USA. So start exploring your options with Transglobal Overseas today and take the first step toward your dream career.
Job Opportunities after Masters in USA
A Master’s degree from the USA opens up many job opportunities, with a wide range of professional roles and salaries available. Whether you’re looking for a change of pace or want to take your career to the next level, the possibilities are endless. Here are some of the most sought-after jobs after completing a Master’s degree in the USA, along with their average salaries.
|Sr. No.||Job Role||Detail|
|1||Data Scientist||Average salary of $115,000 per year. As a data scientist, you'll use data analysis and machine learning to solve complex business problems.|
|2||Software Engineer||Average salary of $105,000 per year. As a software engineer, you'll design, develop, and maintain software systems.|
|3||Project Manager||Average salary of $112,000 per year. As a project manager, you'll lead teams and deliver projects on time and within budget.|
|4||Financial Analyst||Average salary of $95,000 per year. As a financial analyst, you'll analyze data and provide insights to support business decisions.|
|5||Marketing Manager||Average salary of $102,000 per year. As a marketing manager, you'll create and implement marketing strategies to drive business growth.|
|6||Human Resource Manager||Average salary of $110,000 per year. As a human resource manager, you'll be responsible for staffing, employee relations, and benefits administration.|
The job opportunities after a Master’s degree in the USA are diverse and abundant. With so many options, the key is to find the role that aligns with your passions and career goals. Start exploring today!
Work permit in USA after MS
After completing an MS program in the USA, many international students want to continue working and living in the country. Obtaining a work permit is a crucial step in this process. There are several options for international students to secure a work permit and continue their careers in the USA.
- F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) – This allows international students to work in the USA for 12 months after graduation. But they must have an offer of employment from a US employer.
- H-1B Visa – This is a temporary visa for highly skilled workers. It requires a job offer and employer sponsorship but can lead to permanent residency. The application process is competitive, with a limited number of visas available each year.
- J-1 Visa – This is a cultural exchange visa that allows individuals to work and gain professional experience in the USA. It is designed for those who want to improve their skills and knowledge and often requires an exchange program sponsor.
- Green Card – This is a permanent residency permit that allows individuals to live and work in the USA permanently. There are several ways to secure a green card, including through employment, family sponsorship, or investment.
Choosing the right work permit option depends on your individual circumstances and career goals.
It’s important to carefully consider each option and understand the requirements and eligibility criteria before making a decision.
To ensure a smooth process, seek the assistance of Transglobal today!
Start exploring your options today and take the next step in your career journey in the USA!
Pursuing a Master’s degree in the USA can be a life-changing experience, but obtaining a visa can be challenging. Here, we provide a comprehensive overview of the visa requirements you must meet to study in the USA.
|1||Student Visa (F-1)||The F-1 visa is the most common type of student visa in the USA. It is required for those enrolled in a full-time academic program.|
|2||Proof of Financial Support||You'll need to show that you have sufficient financial support to cover the cost of your education, living expenses, and other costs.|
|3||Proof of English Proficiency||You'll need to show that you have the English language skills necessary to succeed.|
|4||An Admission Proof||You'll need to provide proof of admission to a recognized educational institution in the USA.|
|5||Background Check||A background check may be required for the visa application process.|
|6||SEVIS Fee Payment||The Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee must be paid for the F-1 visa.|
Keep these requirements in mind as you prepare your visa application. You should consult with an experienced immigration attorney or agent to ensure that your application is complete and accurate. The visa process can be complex, but with the right help, you can successfully navigate the requirements.
Contact Transglobal Overseas today and take the first step toward your dreams!
Applying Process for a Masters in USA
A Master’s degree from a top university in the USA is a dream for many students. The process of applying for a Master’s in the USA can seem daunting, but following a step-by-step guide, it can be a smooth and straightforward experience. Here are the normal steps involved in receiving an F1 visa for study in the USA:
- Research course and university: It’s important to research the various courses and universities that offer the program you are interested in. Look for universities with a good reputation in your field of study, consider their location and cost, and review their curriculum. You can also research reviews and rankings from other students to decide.
- Collect data: Once you have shortlisted a few universities, collect all the necessary data about their admission requirements, application deadlines, and visa process. It will help you ensure that you have all the required information before you start your application.
- Submit documents: This step involves preparing and submitting all the required documents, which may include your academic transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, Statement of Purpose, and essays. Be sure to carefully review the application guidelines to ensure that you are submitting everything required.
- Fill out the application form: Most universities have an online application system, which makes it easy for you to apply. Carefully fill out the application form, provide all the required information and paying the application fee.
- Virtual interview: Some universities may require a virtual interview as part of the application process. Be sure to prepare for this by researching common interview questions and practicing your responses.
- Receive offer letter: After the application review process is complete, you will receive an offer letter from the university if you have been selected. This letter will outline the next steps you need to take to secure your place in the program.
- Pay deposit: To secure your place in the program, you will need to pay a deposit by the deadline specified in your offer letter. This deposit is usually non-refundable, so be sure to carefully review the terms and conditions before you pay.
By following these steps, you can successfully apply for a Master’s degree in the USA. Make sure to continuously check the US Department of State website for updated information and requirements.
Contact Transglobal Overseas today to streamline the process of the application process.
How can We help you in your Master's in USA?
Finding a reliable study abroad consultant can be a challenge. But Transglobal Overseas is here to help you reach your international education goals. Whether you’re looking to study, work, or immigrate abroad. Our team of experienced professionals is here to guide you through every step of the process. Here is how we can make a difference:
- Get personalized assistance: Our team will work with you one-on-one to understand your unique needs. Our consultants will help you find the best study abroad options.
- Streamline the application and admission process: With our help, you can avoid common mistakes, meet deadlines, and increase your chances of being accepted.
- Stay informed and organized: We’ll keep you updated on requirements, deadlines, and other important information. We will do all the work so you can focus on your studies.
- Find the best fit: We have tie-ups with an extensive network of universities and colleges. And we’ll help you find the best match for your interests and career goals.
- Save time and money: By working with us, you can save time and money by avoiding mistakes and finding the most cost-effective options.
Don’t let the complexities of the study abroad process hold you back.
Transglobal Overseas is here to help you reach your goals and make your international education dreams a reality.
Contact us today to learn more.
FAQs Regarding Masters in USA
What documents are required for MS in US?
The documents typically required for a Master’s degree program in the US include:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Standardized test scores (e.g. GRE, GMAT)
- English language proficiency test scores (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) for international students
- Letters of recommendation from professors or employers
- Statement of purpose or personal essay
- Resume or CV
Please note that the specific requirements may vary by program and institution, so it’s best to check with the schools you are interested in applying to for their specific requirements.
How to convert Indian CGPA to US GPA?
To convert the Indian CGPA to US GPA, you can use a conversion formula, such as dividing the CGPA by the maximum scale (usually 10) and multiplying by 4. For example, if your CGPA is 8.0, your US GPA would be 3.2 (8/10 x 4 = 3.2). Note that conversion formulas can vary, and some institutions may use different conversion methods, so it is important to check with the institution for the most accurate conversion.
How much GPA is required for a master's in the USA?
The required GPA for a Master’s in USA varies by institution and program. On average, most universities require a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher, although some may require a higher GPA for admission. It is important to check the admission requirements for each institution and program to ensure eligibility.
Which Master is best in the USA?
The best MS in USA depends on an individual’s personal and professional goals, interests, skills, and resources. Some popular programs include Business Administration, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, and Health Sciences. It is important to research and evaluates program offerings, admission requirements, and career outcomes before making a decision.
How long can you stay in the USA after your Master's?
International students who have completed a Master’s in USA are typically eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allows for up to 12 months of work experience in their field of study. Some programs also offer post-completion OPT, which can extend the work authorization period for up to 24 months.
Is it worth doing a masters in USA?
A Master’s degree from the USA can provide numerous benefits, including advanced education, opportunities for personal and professional growth, exposure to diverse cultures and international networks, and increased earning potential. Whether or not it is worth doing depends on an individual’s goals, circumstances, and resources.
When should I apply for a Master's in USA?
The ideal time to apply for a Master’s degree in the USA is usually in the fall of the year preceding the desired start date. This allows adequate time to process applications, arrange visas and travel, and settle into the new environment. However, admission timelines can vary by institution, program, and academic focus.
How does the grading system work in USA?
The grading system in the USA usually operates on a 4-point scale. A grade of A is equivalent to 4.0, B is equivalent to 3.0, C is equivalent to 2.0, D is equivalent to 1.0, and F is equivalent to 0.0. Grading criteria can vary from institution to institution and from program to program but usually include coursework, exams, and projects.
How long is a Master's in USA?
A Master’s degree in the USA typically takes 2 years to complete. However, the exact duration can vary depending on the institution, program, and academic focus. Some universities offer a 1-year program, while others may offer 3 years of study.
What are the some popular scholarships for masters in usa?
There are many popular scholarships for Master’s degree programs in the USA. Here are a few examples:
- Fulbright Scholarship Program
- AAUW International Fellowships
- Stanford University Scholarships
- Generation Google Scholarship
- TATA Scholarship at Cornell University
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other scholarships available for Master’s degree programs in the USA. It’s important to research and apply for scholarships early, as the application deadlines and eligibility requirements may vary.