Canada is an education hub. And, it is growing as the favorite study destination for international students. Canada equips an educational system based on cross-disciplinary studies. Canada also offers Scholarships to Study in Canada as well. The universities in Canada are also ranked high because of the distinctive courses.
But, for students who can’t afford the tuition fee, there is a solution. Canada has to offer a wide range of scholarships for international students. This helps them fund their studies. The Government of Canada and many institutions provide the students with several:
- Scholarship awards,
- Grants, or
This is the reason why a large number of Indian students get attracted to study in Canada. Keep on reading to learn more about Scholarships to study in Canada for Indian Students.
Types of Scholarships to Study in Canada for Indian Students
There are more than 642,000 foreign students. These students are currently studying in different programs in Canada. It makes Canada one of the most popular study abroad destinations. Despite being so popular, the cost of studying in Canada is less expensive. But still, there are some students who don’t have the financial means to study in Canada. These kinds of students can go for one of Canada’s many scholarships.
International students can apply for various types of funds available in Canada. The various scholarships are the ones that the Canadian government funds. Or by the universities or the non-governmental organizations. But, there is a limited scope of getting financial help for pursuing an MBA in Canada. But, some students can get scholarships for MBAs as well. These students are those who have excellent academic achievements relevant to the program.
Here are the types of Scholarships in Canada for Indian students:
Canadian Government Scholarships:
These scholarship programs are the ones that are government-sponsored awards. The government sponsor this to inspire students to study in Canada
There are various trusts, charities, and associations also which offer scholarships to students.
Some colleges and universities in Canada offer scholarships to Indian students. But only to the students who are studying in their study programs.
Popular Scholarships to Study in Canada
- York University International Student Scholarships
- Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program at University of Toronto
- University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship
- University of British Columbia Scholarships for International Students
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
- President Scholarship
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship Other Masters Programs
- Jared J Davis Grant
- Hani Zeini Scholarships
- Ritchie- Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- Erasmus Scholarship
- QS Undergraduate Scholarship
- University of Alberta- India First Year Excellence Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholarship Program
- CCSE Graduate Scholarships
- Carleton Prestige Scholarships
- Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders
- Humber College International Entrance Scholarships
Criteria for Applying for Scholarships in Canada for Indian Students
If you’re an Indian and applying for a scholarship for pursuing an undergraduate in Canada. Then you must meet some requirements. These requirements need to be followed for receiving a scholarship in Canada. Although, the total eligibility criteria for different scholarship programs may vary. But still, there are some general criteria that every student should know about:
- Academic Excellence: The students need to have strong academic credentials. If they want to apply for scholarships to study in Canada. Most of the scholarship requests are granted merit-based. That means financial aid is provided to the most deserving candidates.
- Language Proficiency: Students come from all around the globe. And in most of those countries, English is not the first language. Hence, if a candidate has got stronger language skills. Or he/she has the skill scores on IELTS/TOEFL tests. Then it increases their chance of receiving a scholarship to study in Canada.
- Extracurricular Indulgence: Last criteria is volunteer work and extracurricular activities. The scholarships for foreign students in Canada considers these indulgence as well. Besides that, job experience in the industry is also a plus. In fact, it is one of the most important qualifying requirements.