If you’re an Indian student looking to study abroad in Australia, you’re in for a treat. Australia is one of the world’s best countries for studying. And it has several excellent universities that tailor specifically to Indian students. Australian universities are known for their high-quality education, and they offer a variety of courses and programs that are perfect for Indian students. The country is also culturally diverse, making it a great place to explore and learn about different cultures.
So if you’re interested in studying in Australia, don’t hesitate to start your search today.
|February, July and November
|Cost of Study
|AUD 20k - 45k per year
|IELTS, PTE, TOEFL ,GRE and GMAT
|Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Doctorate
|Cost of Living
|AUD $2,400-$4,500 per month
|Top Funding Sources
|Scholarships, Education loans, Part-time jobs
|English & French
|Best Student Cities
|Melbourne, Sydney, tasmania, and Brisbane
Why Study in Australia as an Indian Student?
The Australian education system is world-renowned for its quality and excellence. This is why every year, thousands of students from all over the world flock to Australia to pursue their studies.
Indian students are no different. In fact, Australia is one of the most popular destinations for Indian students looking to study abroad. There are a number of reasons why Australia is such a popular choice for Indian students:
- For starters, the education system in Australia is highly respectful and recognized all over the world. It means that an Australian qualification will be well-regarded by employers, no matter where you work.
- Secondly, studying in Australia gives you exposure to a completely different culture and way of life. This can be an incredibly valuable experience and one that will help you develop as a person.
- Finally, Australia is home to some of the best universities in the world, so you can be sure that you’ll receive a top-quality education if you choose to study here.
If you’re considering studying in Australia, then there are a few things you need to know about the process. First, you’ll need to obtain a student visa before you can begin your studies.
If you are feeling overwhelmed and worried about the visa process for studying in Australia. Transglobal Overseas’s study abroad Australia consultants can guide you through the application process and help you prepare for your visa interview.
With their help, you can fulfill your dreams without the extra burden. Get in touch with us today!
Top Universities to study in Australia
There are many reasons why Indian students might want to study in Australia. Australian universities are known for their high quality of education and research. They offer a wide range of programs that Indian students can choose from. Additionally, studying in Australia can provide Indian students with an opportunity to experience a different culture and way of life.
There are a number of top universities to study in Australia for Indian students, such as:
- The University of Melbourne – Ranked #33 in QS World Universities Rankings
- Monash University – Ranked #57 in QS World Universities Rankings
- RMIT University – Founded in the year 1887
- LA TROBE University – Ranked in the world’s top 250 English language and literature Universities.
- CQ University – The largest university in regional Australia
- Australian Catholic University – Ranked #1 in Australia for theology, divinity and religious studies
- UWA Perth University – The only Western Australian university that is in the Group of Eight,
- Bond University – Number one rated University in Australia
- Victoria University – Ranked #9 for its Sport Science program
- The University of Canberra – Ranked top #1 per cent of young universities worldwide
- James Cook University – Ranked world-class for research.
- Griffith University – Ranks within the top 2 per cent of universities globally
- Murdoch University – Five star rated University.
- Macquarie University – Produce the most sought-after professionals in the world.
Want to explore your study options in Australia and find the right university and program for you? Transglobal Overseas’s study abroad Australia consultants can help you identify your goals and match you with the best university and program.
Top courses to study in Australia for Indian Students
Australia has a world-class education system, with universities ranked among the best in the world. Because of this, employers around the globe highly regard Australian degrees.
Besides its excellent education, Australia is also a popular destination for students because of its vibrant culture and lifestyle. And with its relaxed visa rules, it’s easy for Indian students to extend their stay after graduation and work in Australia.
So what are the best courses to study in Australia for Indian students? Here are five of the top choices:
- Engineering: Australian engineering schools are renowned for their quality education and research facilities. Many of the country’s top universities, such as the University of Melbourne and the University of Sydney, offer engineering programs highly respected by employers globally.
- Business: A business degree from an Australian university will give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in today’s competitive marketplace. With courses covering everything from accounting to management, you’ll equip for a career in any industry.
- IT and computer science: Australia is home to some of the world’s leading information technology companies, so it’s no surprise that IT and computer science courses are in high demand among Indian students.
- Law: Like medicine, law is another field where graduates from Australian universities are highly sought-after. Studying Down Under is a great way to get started if you want to practice law internationally. Top law schools in Australia include Melbourne Law School and Bond University.
- Nursing: Nursing is a vital profession that offers students a rewarding career helping others. If you’re interested in becoming a nurse, many excellent programs are available at Australian universities. You’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with patients while receiving an excellent education.
Best Places to study in Australia
Australia is a popular destination for international students, offering high-quality education and a diverse range of study options. Some of the best places to study in Australia for Indian students include major cities like Melbourne, Sydney, tasmania, and Brisbane, as well as regional areas like Adelaide and Perth:
- Melbourne is famous for its vibrant arts and culture scene and world-class universities, including the University of Melbourne and Monash University.
- Sydney is another popular destination, offering a range of study options and a vibrant urban environment.
- Brisbane is a more affordable option, with several excellent universities and a relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Tasmania is a popular study destination in Australia due to its unique natural beauty and its reputation as an affordable place to live. It is the island state of Australia, located south of the mainland.
- Adelaide is popular for its world-class wine and food and its universities, including the University of Adelaide and Flinders University.
- Perth is a popular destination for natural sciences and engineering students, with several top-ranked universities in these fields.
Overall, Australia offers a range of excellent study options, from bustling cities to more relaxed regional areas. So whether you’re interested in arts and culture, natural sciences, or something else, you can find the right fit in Australia.
Need help with your study abroad in Australia application? Transglobal Overseas’s consultants can provide you with application assistance, including completing the application form, gathering supporting documents, and preparing for interviews and assessments.
Contact us today to learn more!
Career Opportunities: Job prospects in Australia
There are plenty of reasons why studying in Australia is such a popular option. And one of them is a strong job market. Australian universities consider amongst the best in the world. That’s why Australian degrees are recognized by employers all over the globe, which means that your qualification will be highly valued no matter where you end up working.
But it’s not just the excellent education on offer that makes Australia such a great place to study – there are also plenty of other perks! According to the latest data, the employment rate in Australia is actually high, which means that there are plenty of opportunities out there for those who are willing to look for them. And with such a strong economy, it’s no wonder that so many international students are choosing to study in Australia.
In addition to this, Australia is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, so you’ll have plenty of opportunities to relax and unwind during your studies. And if you’re a nature lover, you’ll be blown away by the country’s incredible landscapes. So if you’re considering studying abroad, be sure to give Australia a look – you won’t regret it!
How to Study in Australia from India?
If you’re looking to study in Australia from India, there are a few things you’ll need to consider. First, you’ll need to obtain a student visa. To do this, you’ll need to provide evidence of your enrolment at an Australian educational institution and proof of sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses. You’ll also meet health and character requirements.
Once you have your student visa, you can begin making plans to move to Australia. If you’re flying from India, you’ll need to arrange for a suitable travel insurance policy. It’s also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the local customs and culture before making a move.
Once you arrive in Australia, there are a few things you’ll need to do in order to settle in and begin your studies. First, you’ll need to find somewhere to live. Several options are available, including student accommodation, homestay arrangements, and private renting.
Once you’ve found somewhere to live, you’ll need to organize your finances and open a bank account. You’ll also need to register with Centrelink if you’re planning on studying full-time.
Studying in Australia can be a great experience, but it’s important that you’re prepared before making the move. For this, you can take the help of Australian education consultants like Transglobal Overseas and make the application process easier. By taking care of the admin beforehand and familiarizing yourself with the local culture, you can make sure that your time studying Down Under is enjoyable and successful.
Want support and assistance with your study abroad in Australia application? Transglobal Overseas’s consultants can help you every step of the way.
Scholarships to study in Australia for Indian Students
There are many scholarships available for Indian students who wish to study in Australia. Some of these scholarships are offered by the Australian government, while private organizations or universities offer others.
The Australian government offers a number of scholarships for Indian students through the Australian High Commission in India. Some of them are:
- Australia Awards Scholarship, which provides full financial support for one to four years of study at an Australian university
- Endeavour Postgraduate Scholarship, provides a range of financial benefits, including such as (tuition fees, travel allowance, establishment allowance, monthly stipend, etc.) for two years of postgraduate study in Australia for Indian students.
Private organizations and universities also offer a number of scholarships for Indian students wishing to study in Australia.
For example, the University of Melbourne offers the Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship, which provides a $10,000 fee remission in the first year + 50% remission for three years, and the Melbourne International Research Scholarship, which provides full financial support for two years of doctoral research at the University of Melbourne.
Want to learn about all the scholarships and make your study abroad in Australia experience successful and fulfilling? Transglobal Overseas’s study abroad Australia consultants can provide ongoing support and guidance throughout your studies. Contact us today to learn more!
Cost of Education in Australia
The cost of education in Australia varies depending on the type of study program and the institution. In general, the cost of study in Australia is relatively high compared to other countries. However, it can be lower in some regional areas.
|Average Fees Per Year
|Bachelor's Degree in Australia
|AUD 25,000 to AUD 40,000
|Master's Degree in Australia
|AUD 25,000 to AUD 37,000
|Diploma in Australia
|AUD 10,000 to AUD 20,000
|MBA in Australia
|AUD 40,000 to AUD 100,000
You can connect with our Australian education consultants if you want to know the exact cost of studying and living in Canada. We will estimate your cost by analysing your profile.
Cost of Living in Australia
The cost of living in Australia varies depending on the location and individual circumstances. In general, the cost of living in Australia is relatively high compared to other countries, but it can be lower in some regional areas.
The average cost of living in Australia can range from AUD 1,200 to AUD 2,000 per month. But the real cost depends on the location and lifestyle. Some of the key factors that can affect the cost of living in Australia include the following:
- Rent: The cost of rent in Australia varies depending on the location and type of accommodation. In major cities like Sydney and Melbourne, the average rent can range from AUD 1,500 to AUD 2,000 per month.
- Mobile and internet: The cost of mobile and internet plans in Australia can vary depending on the provider and the type of plan. The average cost of a mobile plan can range from AUD 30 to AUD 50 per month.
- Transport: The transport cost in Australia depends on the mode of transport and the location. Public transport in major cities like Sydney and Melbourne is generally expensive, with a single bus or train trip costing around AUD 4-5.
What is the Entrance Exam to Study in Australia for Indian Students?
There are a number of exams that Indian students can take in order to study abroad in Australia. The most common ones are the IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, CAE, and GMAT. Each exam has its own requirements and areas of focus, so it is important to choose the right one for you.
For example, the IELTS & TOEFL is focused on English language ability, while the GMAT is more concerned with academic ability. The PTE is an exam that has two variants (General and Academic) and focuses on both English language ability and academic knowledge.
In addition, a STAT can measures verbal and quantitative reasoning skills for an undergrad program. This test includes multiple-choice questions that must be answered within 2-hours, and admissions are given to candidates based on their performance.
However, STAT is not the only test used for admission. If you want to study medicine, law, or any other specialized course, you will need to give specialized exams such as UMAT, LSAT, GAMSAT, etc.
The GMAT requires for MBA programs. The GMAT score will determine your admission to most Universities in Australia. Each of these exams has different scoring systems, so it is important to check with your chosen university to see what they require. Generally speaking, the higher your score on these exams, the better your chances of acceptance into a top university.
So if you’re looking to study in Australia for Indian students, be sure to research which entrance exam is right for you and start studying!
Intakes in Australia
The education system in Australia is highly respectful and internationally recognizable. It offers a wide range of study options and high-quality education. Australia’s education system divides into primary, secondary, and tertiary levels. It is characterized by a strong emphasis on research and practical, hands-on learning.
In Australia, the main intake periods for tertiary education are in February and July. However, some institutions also offer intakes in November and other times of the year.
- The February intake: It is the main intake period for most institutions and programs in Australia. It is typically the busiest and most competitive time to apply for study.
- The July intake: It is the second largest intake period and is generally less competitive than the February intake.
- The November intake: It is a smaller intake period. Institutions offer this intake for specific programs or courses unavailable in the February or July intakes.
Overall, the education system in Australia offers a range of intake periods. The main intake periods are in February and July. Students can choose the intake period best suits their circumstances and goals.
Do you want to learn more about Australia’s academic and social life and what it’s like to study and live there? Transglobal Overseas’s Australian education consultants can provide you with insights and advice based on their own experiences.
Get in touch with us for a free and quality consulting session today!
Eligibility Requirements to Study in Australia from India
To study in Australia for Indian students, one must meet certain requirements for each program they wish to apply for. These requirements can vary depending on the institution and program, but generally, students must meet the following criteria:
- An academic score of 60% or above in class XII
- IELTS score no less than 6.
- Mandatory mathematics in class- XII (for some science and technology courses).
- A recognized undergraduate certificate
- Relevant work experience
- IELTS score should be no less than 6.5
- An academic score of 60% or above in class XII
- Minimum age of 16.
- IELTS score should be no less than 6.
- Minimum of 65% academic score.
- 15 years of educational experience
- Relevant work experience
- IELTS score should be no less than 6. Plus, TOEFL 80 or above
Overall, it is important for students to carefully research the requirements for the specific program they are interested in and start the application process well in advance to ensure they have enough time to meet all the necessary requirements.
Applying for Australia Study Visa from India:
Applying for an Australia study visa from India can be a straightforward process, provided that you meet the eligibility requirements and have all the necessary documentation. To apply for a study visa to Australia from India, you must first apply and get acceptance by your chosen university in Australia. Once you have received your letter of acceptance, you can then apply for a student visa through the Australian Department of Home Affairs.
To be eligible for a study visa to Australia from India, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You have to get acceptance by your chosen university in Australia.
- You must have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses and tuition fees for the duration of your studies
- You must have OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover)
- You must have a valid passport
To apply for a study visa to Australia from India, you will need to complete an online visa application form and provide supporting documents such as your letter of acceptance, proof of financial support, and evidence of your English language proficiency. You may also need to attend an interview at the Australian embassy or consulate in India.
Once your application has been processed and approved, you will receive a letter of approval which you can use to obtain your visa. You will then be able to travel to Australia and begin your studies.
It is important to note that you must maintain your student visa status while studying in Australia, which may require you to meet certain conditions, such as enrolling in a full-time course and maintaining good academic standing.
Student Visa process
The process for obtaining an Australian student visa typically involves the following steps:
- Choose a course of study and an Australian University.
- Meet the English language requirements for the course.
- Obtain an offer letter from the university, which confirms that you have been accepted into the course and the fees for the course.
- Lodge a visa application, along with all required documents, such as your passport, academic transcripts, and evidence of English proficiency.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Attend a visa interview if required.
- Wait for a decision on your visa application.
- After visa approval, ensure that you have met all the visa conditions, such as having adequate health insurance.
The student visa process can be complex and time-consuming for Indian students. But with Transglobal’s australian education consultants, you can navigate the complex world of studying abroad with ease.
Contact us today, and let us help you pave the way for success!
Documents You Need To Apply For an Australian Student Visa
- Letter of Offer: Australian educational institution offers this letter for acceptance of study in that institution, confirming that you have been accepted into a course of study.
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE): The educational institution issues this document to confirm that you are enrolled in the course of study and to provide details such as the start and end dates of your program.
- Proof of English Proficiency: If English is not your first language, you will need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency. This could be a test score from an approved English language test, such as the IELTS or the TOEFL.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE): This requirement states that you must demonstrate that your intention in coming to Australia is to study and that you have a genuine intention to return to your native country after completing your studies.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: You will need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your studies in Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC): You will need to provide evidence of your health insurance coverage while you are in Australia. This could be a letter from your insurance provider or a copy of your insurance policy.
- Health Requirement: You will need a health checkup to be granted a student visa. It is to ensure that you do not have any medical conditions that would make it difficult to study in Australia for Indian students.
- Character Requirement: You will need to provide a police clearance certificate, or other evidence of your good character, as part of your student visa application.
Want to learn more about visa guidance? Transglobal Overseas’s consultants can provide you with visa guidance services with detailed information and advice.
Why Choose Transglobal Overseas as Study in Australia Consultants?
At Transglobal Overseas, we pride ourselves on being the leading Australian education consultants. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, we have helped thousands of students from around the world achieve their dream of studying in Australia.
There are many reasons why you should choose Transglobal Overseas as your study in Australia consultants. Here are just a few:
Expertise: Our team of consultants is highly trained and has years of experience in the field of student visas and study in Australia. We have in-depth knowledge of the visa application process, and we can provide you with expert advice and guidance throughout the entire process.
Reputation: Transglobal Overseas has an excellent reputation in the industry. We are known for our high success rate and commitment to providing exceptional service to our clients.
Personalized service: When you choose Transglobal Overseas as your study abroad Australia consultant, you can expect personalized service from start to finish. We will work closely with you to understand your individual needs and goals, and we will provide tailored support and guidance to help you achieve your dreams.
Comprehensive support: At Transglobal Overseas, we offer comprehensive support to our clients. In addition to helping you with your visa application, we can also assist with other aspects of studying in Australia, such as finding accommodation and applying for scholarships.
Choose Transglobal Overseas as your Australian education consultant, and let us help you take the first step towards achieving your dream of studying in Australia. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you.
Is student life good in Australia?
Student life in Australia can be very rewarding, with various opportunities to explore the country, engage in extracurricular activities, and receive university support.
What are the benefits of postgraduate study in Australia?
Postgraduate study in Australia offers a range of benefits, from access to high-quality education and a supportive study environment to opportunities for work and further study.
Can I get a student loan to study in Australia?
Yes, it is possible to get a student Education loan to study in Australia. The Australian government offers a range of financial assistance programs for domestic and international students, including loans, grants, and scholarships.
Can I get PR in Australia while studying?
It is possible to get PR in Australia while studying, and it is important for students to carefully research their options and seek advice to ensure they understand the requirements and eligibility criteria.
Do I need to show money to study in Australia?
Generally, International students studying in Australia require to show that they have access to sufficient funds to cover their living expenses and other study-related costs. This is typically done through a financial guarantee from a bank or other financial institution.
How many years of a gap is accepted for study in Australia?
The acceptance of gaps in a student’s education or work history for study in Australia will vary depending on the university and program and may depend on the specific reasons for the gap.
Can I get a work visa after studying in Australia?
Yes, it is possible to get a work visa after studying in Australia. Many international students who have completed a bachelor’s or master’s may be eligible for a temporary graduate visa (subclass 485), which allows them to work in Australia for up to 18 months.
Is Australia good for MBA?
Australia is a good destination for MBA, with several top-ranked universities and a strong reputation for business education. Australian MBA programs typically offer a practical, hands-on approach, and many programs include internships or other opportunities to gain work experience.
Why study for a Bachelor's in Australia?
There are many reasons to study for a bachelor’s in Australia, including access to high-quality education, diverse study options, and a supportive study environment.