Study In UK
The UK for International Students
The UK has earned much reputation in the world for being a country of learning and academia, and thus each year it attracts a lot of international students to pursue a course there. Universities like Oxford and Cambridge have a centuries-old history in Britain and came into existence almost 800 years ago.
Almost one-fifth of the world’s top 50 universities are located in the UK as per the survey conducted by the QS World University Rankings 2020. The UK is the second most popular study destination among the international in the world, with an average of 460,000 international students choosing to study at UK universities in 2017/18.
Major Reasons to Study in the UK
Wonderful academic reputation
Many choices of degrees
Job-oriented management courses
Presence of renowned universities
Study in the UK for Indian Students
UK universities are well-known in the world for offering a wide range of degrees in diversified subjects like Art and Design, Business and Management and Media Studies. International students can easily get access to many degrees, so no matter what subject you plan to study there, you will surely find a degree that suits you.
Universities & Programs in the UK
Some of the prestigious universities located in the UK are:
University of Cambridge
University of Oxford
University of St Andrews
London School of Economics
Imperial College London
Qualifying Exams & Coaching
To pursue a graduate and professional course, some of the tests include:
1. Test of English as a Foreign Language
2. Graduate Record Examinations
3. Graduate Management Admission Test
4. Graduate Record Examinations.
These are some of the exams that you need to qualify for because they are mandatory no matter which university you choose.
1. Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the United Kingdom (UK) is a sovereign country located in north-western Europe.
2. Capital: London
3. Major Cities: Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield, Belfast, Bristol, Nottingham, Southampton, etc.
4. Main Language: English
5. Climate: The majority of the climate of the United Kingdom is a temperate climate, with generally cool temperatures and plentiful rainfall throughout the year.
6. GDP: $2.638 trillion
7. Currency: Pound sterling (GBP)
8. Government: The country has a parliamentary government based on the Westminster system
9. Area: 242,495 km2 (93,628 sq mi) (78th)
10. Distance from India: 9 hours and 42 minutes
11. Population: 67,886,004 (April 2020 estimate)
12. Time Zone: UTC+1 (British Summer Time, WEST)
a. The UK is one of the most popular international destinations for higher studies for students; it is home to three of the top 10 universities in the world.
b. In 2018/19, close to 500,000 international students studying in the UK.
c. In the 2017/18 academic year, the maximum living loan was UK£8,430 (~$11,900) for the international students.
d. More than 750,000 international students come to the UK every year to study and the majority of them come to study English.