Want to Study in Australia? Know Visa Requirements
Australia has been gaining ground as one of the chosen study abroad destinations for Indian students to pursue higher studies abroad. Students also consider Australia for vocational courses. If you are also one among those interested in studying in Australia, then this article will surely be of use for you.
When you decide to apply for a study program overseas, the most essential requirement is that of a student visa.
So if you intend to Study in Australia, you would require detailed information about the Australian Student Visa Process and requirements.
The following are the list of documents that would be required to apply for a student visa for Australia.
• A valid passport
• A completely filled form 157 A
• A draft of Rs. 30500.00 payable to “Australian High Commission, New Delhi” towards the Application Fee
• A Letter of Offer / provisional acceptance issued by a registered* Australian Educational Institution for a full-time course.
*Note: The institution needs to be registered with the Australian Government to offer courses to international student.
• Notary attested Educational Testimonials
• Evidence of payment (COE) for the First-semester Tuition fees
• An Overseas Student Health Insurance Cover (OSHC).
In case of sponsorship
In case of being supported by a sponsor you need to submit a letter from the sponsor which is an affidavit of Support including:
• The relationship of the sponsor with you
• Income Tax Return (of the last three years)
• Details of the sponsor’s other dependents (if any)
• Personal bank statement of the sponsor
• Any other documents about financial standing
• Evidence of your financial support (in spite of the sponsor’s support) Student visa is granted on the following conditions
• You must satisfy the course requirements and maintain a valid enrolment
• You must attend at least 80% of the classes
• You must achieve a satisfactory academic performance Student Visa Work Restrictions
• You cannot start paid work until you start your study in Australia
• You cannot work more than 40 hours per fortnight while studying. However, you can work full-time during vacations
• There are no work limits if you are applying for a Masters by research or Doctorate course in Australia
You must inform your education provider:
• Your private location in Australia inside seven days of touching base in Australia
• Regarding change of residential address within seven days of the change
In case of change of education provider, the information has to be given within seven days of receiving the electronic confirmation of enrolment certificate or evidence of enrolment
• You must not be involved in any kind of unruly or violent activities which prove to be a threat or cause harm to the Australian community or a group within the Australian community. Even if you accidentally fall in any such situation your dream to study in Australia will be ruined.
The visa processing time depends on numerous varied factors specified below:
• Provision of all necessary supporting documents with the visa application
• Prompt response to requests for additional information
• Duration to examine the details provided to support your application
• Time taken to receive additional details particularly related to health, character and national security
So you see there may be various options to Study in Australia for International Students but the student visa application process remains stringent.
Things to keep in mind
• You need to keep in mind that the decision to acceptation or declination of your visa application may be made based on the details and documentation that you provide at the time of visa application.
• To avoid any hassles, it is strongly recommended that you apply well in advance subject to your intended travel date. Do not make any travel arrangements until and unless you have been granted your visa.
• In case you include an email address on your visa application, the Visa Processing Office will communicate with you through this email address. In such a case it is important to check your junk email regularly so that you can ensure whether any emails from the Visa Processing Office have accidently been sent to junk.
Plan well keeping all the nuances in mind so that your dream to study abroadcomes true.